Tuesday, August 21, 2007

We're jammin', and I hope you like jammin' too...

This...

Is necessary for this...
15 jars of homemade blackberry jam. The blackberry season is at it's peak right now. I made a little trip to the edge of town this afternoon and picked for a couple of hours. 3 ice cream pails made this much jam with two cookie sheet trays left over. I already picked a couple of times last week, and have about 20 pie's worth in the freezer. After all, blackberries only ripen once a year...
Incidentally, theres also over 2 kg of sugar in these little jars. However, my philosophy when it comes to sweets is: either make it so it tastes good, or make it so its healthy, but don't go for both, because then you end up with neither.

2 Comments:

Blogger steve-q said...

HA... MAKING BB PIES WAS THE THING THAT I WAS GOING TO SUGGEST TO YOU THIS PAST WEEKEND. UNFORTUNATELY WE DIDN'T END UP BEING ABLE TO HOOK UP. THE JAM LOOKS AWESOME!!
GOOD CHOICE ON GOING FOR SWEET TOO.

9/10/2007 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear these babies sell for $24 a piece! :P
-nic

9/13/2007 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home