Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hey folks, its your friendly neighborhood intern here once again. Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing. We had trick or eat tonight, which is when us big kids dress up and pretend that we're collecting food for the food bank so that people will think we are nice and give us candy.
In other news, life is busy, but otherwise going well. Part of the intern program involves joining the local Toastmaster's club. Toastmasters is a public speaking club where you get to practice making speeches, and people evaluate you. Anyway, I did my first speech last night. I think it went pretty well. I practiced it 6 or 7 times, so I think that helped. Apparently my volume goes way down when I'm doing a speech. And I always thought I had a loud voice.
Finally, to wrap up this uncharacteristically short entry, I have been designated charter bus coordinator for Quebec for urbana. It will be very interesting, because I will need to stay very organized, something which is not one of my stronger areas. So ya, lots of character development going on here, joy of joys.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speeches... Organizing mass international travel... Sounds like the description of the skill-set for an electrical engineer!!!

Well, even if it isn't, I am sure you will do an awesome job!

11/01/2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home