Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well, there are not many times that I can honestly say that I've been homesick, but I'd say this comes pretty darn close. I think the BC mountains are one of the things I miss the most. The rockies are in my blood. I spent a couple of hours tonight pasting together panorama shots like the one above from hikes I've gone on with my good buddy Markus. Looking through my camping photos is probably the next best thing to actually being there. Its certainly not the same though.
I always did feel more at home in the wild than in the city.
Yup, God knew what He was doing when He made mountains.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

That is a pretty sweet picture too! If it wasn't for the fact that I am now back in the country looking at the north shore mountains (with snow on them), I'd be homesick too!

11/28/2006 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to rub it in Gillian! Actually, we don't even need to look at the mountains right now for snow, its all around, but I guess you already know that...Poor Tim, I could switch places right now. I wish I was in Quebec, either that or I wish I had a off road chair, either would do! My roomie is laughing cause its snowing here and not at home(for her Quebec), she's borrowing all my ski gear cause she didn't come prepared. My only thought is "Its times like these where I wonder whatever happened to global warming?" Anyways, hang in there tim, my only advice is be there while you're there, you'll be home soon enough and more than likely it'll be the other way around!

-Nicole-

11/30/2006 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home